Sleep well, all our advice
Sleeping well is essential
What if we tried to sleep well, or at least sleep a bit better? A few simple gestures at bedtime and changes in habits can help you get better sleep quality.
Here you will find all of our articles devoted to the quality of your sleep, or what we call “sleep well”.
We do not promise to accumulate miracle tricks to find a good quality of sleep. We rather suggest you explore together the field of possibilities, verified by science and medicine, so that you can find the solution best suited to your lifestyle.
By browsing our “Sleeping Well” articles you can:
- decipher the true from the false advice to sleep well the most frequent;
- discover the benefits of current practices such as relaxation or sophrology, and consider alternatives if these methods do not work for you;
- understand why your sleep environment has an influence on the quality of your sleep, from the quality of your mattress and the brightness of your bedroom to your bedtime habits.
All our ‘Sleep well’ articles
Sleep aid: a few first aid tips!
France is the third largest European consumer of sleeping pills. However, their side effects and the risk-benefit balance are increasingly calling them into question. To sleep well without sleeping pills, favor a serene atmosphere in your bedroom, favor a healthy lifestyle and good bedding are the first aid gestures for your sleep.
How do you choose your sleeping position?
Have you ever felt pain in your neck or back when you wake up for no reason? Maybe it’s because of your position at night. We help you see more clearly to find THE position for better rest.
How to fall asleep quickly with chronobiology
Falling asleep quickly is the dream of all insomniacs. However, these are not a few tricks that will make you sink into the arms of Morpheus, but a real work on your internal clock. Knowing your biological rhythm and respecting it is the best way to reconnect with quality sleep. Yes, but how do you go about it? Allow us to explain.
the average duration of an undisturbed sleep
of French people wake up at least once a night
French people use a screen at night in their bed
The ideal room to sleep well.
To sleep well, a few simple efforts can be made, as many first steps towards our dreams:
- make it dark in the bedroom (your Helight ™ Sleep will gradually go out);
- set the room temperature. The drop in body temperature plays a role in falling asleep;
- sleep in a well-ventilated room;
- take care of your bedding!
To sleep well, listen to your body.
Nature is well done, and your body can guide you towards better sleep. Here are three things to know, to reconnect with good habits that will guide you towards a more restful sleep:
- Yawning, feeling tired or cold: every evening around the same time you experience these symptoms. Listen to them: your body is telling you that it’s time to go to bed!
- We all have a circadian rhythm of around 24 hours: this is our internal clock. The research carried out on chronobiology agrees on the driving role that light plays in the good synchronization of our circadian rhythm, and in particular of the alternation between waking period and sleeping period.
- In natural light conditions, melatonin participates in triggering sleep at the start of the night. If you expose your retina to too much light before bedtime, it will not be able to play its role well. Avoid screens as much as possible before going to bed.